Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Golden Rule

The message of the Golden Rule is to treat all people as equals. Yes I am aware of the messages and titles of T.V. programs and songs. Like on some T.V. shows the moral of the episode is to treat others how you would like to be treated. The expression of the Golden Rule I like the most is the Buddhism one " Treat not others In ways that you yourself would" . The reason behind why I admired it the most is because it is short and simple, but I feel the most effecting out of the bunch. It really gets me thinking. I would express the Golden Rule in my own words as ; even tho everyone you isn't like you, different beliefs, different age, different skin colour,different gender, and with all these differences you all have one thing in common that most people tend to forget. Your all human. Humans with feelings, that some people just don't care about only because of the differences they have. Some people may see them selves better as another peer because of these differences, but they have to realize that there still human and you should treat them as a equal. An equal to your peers, your friends, and your self. Things would be prodigious if everyone lived by the Golden Rule. Everyone treating each other as an equal is like something that a lot of people want but you know very doubtful but you still hope. I think some people don't behave by the Golden Rule is because maybe they were raised not to like someone who was different from the, and sometimes I think people do it is because they just don't care about anything so they just do it not thinking about the outcome of it. And that is my Golden Rule assignment.

-Arianna :) 

1 comment:

  1. 3 things I liked
    - I really liked you're first sentence,
    "The message of the Golden Rule is to treat all people as equals". It really catches your reader's attention!
    - I liked how you compared what the Golden Rule's definition is with your own point of veiw towards the Golden Rule.
    - I liked how you not only told us what the Golden Rule was, but you told us how the buddhism is your favourite because it's short, simple and gets you thinking!

    2 Further ideas
    - In the line number fifteen "your self" is spelled "yourself".
    - In the future, it would be even a more fluent post if you used linking words such as: However, first of all, second of all, for example, overall. (there are plenty of them!)
    It's still amazing in my point of veiw!

    1 Question
    - How did you find the buddhism expression of the Golden Rule? Is it from your own knowledge or you found it in any kind of resource?

    -Haneen (your buddy from Ms. Pollock's class, in Ottawa!)

    ReplyDelete