Sunday, October 24, 2010

Behind The Name

Behind My Name: Arianna
Before I started this assignment , I thought my name was Arianna because its just what my parents decided to name me. My parents chose this name for me because It was my dads goof friends daughters name. After searching on Behind The Name I learned that my name means "most holy".  Some other interesting things I learned was, my name comes from Greek mythology. In Greek mythology my name Arianna was translated into Ariadne. Ariadne was daughter of King Minos (son of Zeus, god of the sky). Ariadne later on fell in love with Theseus (son of Poseidon , god of the sea), but he ended up abandoning her. And finally she married Dionysus (god of wine, vegetation, pleasure and festivity). I think My name suits me because I like what it means and I find it very fascinating where my name comes from. And I cant see myself with any other name. If I could give myself a new name it would be Arizona because i just like that name. And that is my Behind The Name Assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment