Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ello fellow blogger's. Arianna here. Its been a while but I would like to introduce my first blog after the break, “Assignment #9: If I had $100". In this assignment we were to learn about ethical gifts, what they are, and what they do. We had to visit four different websites to learn about different organizations that were organizing ethical gifts.
   The organizations I have chose to purchase gift items from is Oxfam, ad Plan Canada.  I chose Oxfam because they had a big variety of gifts, that would really help people in developing Countries. Oxfam also wasn’t very expensive. So I could buy a helpful gift that was a fair price. The other organization I chose was Plan Canada. My reasons behind choosing Plan Canada was because , like Oxfam, prices were reasonable, and they had a wide variety of gifts to choose from. Another thing that made me really want to donate from Plan Canada was that they had gifts that none of the other organizations had. For example they had mango tress, and home birthing kits.
  The gifts that I chose to purchase are misquote nets, A sheep, one mango tree, and wrap a new born baby.  I chose to purchase a misquote net from Oxfam because so many children from developing Countries die from malaria, a disease misquotes carry, and just one misquote net can save a child's life somewhere in the world. To me its worth $20.  Since I already "spent" $20, I have $80 left. And with that $80 I would like to purchase a sheep from Oxfam. A sheep is useful for multiple things like, milk, eggs, and wool.  With only $28 left, I would like to get is one mango tree. This mango tree from Plan Canada will be planted in a school yard. The tree will provide shade, and nutrients. It will also help put food in someones mouth. My last gift item I would like to buy is wrap a newborn baby. With this gift item I can give a soft, clean blanket, that will make a newborn secure, and warm.  With the $6 I had left I took it upon my self to give it to one of my classmates.
   I will distribute my funds by buying different things, from different organizations. I wont be purchasing a whole bunch of mango trees, or chickens. If I had a $100 I would  distribute them to multiple things that are needed.
   Thank you for reading. Feel free to comment. Have a stupendous day!
-Arianna :)

No comments:

Post a Comment